Updated as of April 28, 2014:
Things among the list which were accomplished so far:
Items 11, 13, 18, 21, 26, 28, 34? (shet!), 39, 41, 42, 43, 48, 51, 54, 56, 59, 60, 63, 69, 71, 76, 77, 80, 83, 87 (hahaha), 100
score: 26 out of 100 and I’m on the fourth year of the 5-year period already! 🙂 mukhang may extension na magaganap? ewan! haha
What about those things I wrote in my other list? that 25-pages notebook containing all the things I want to do while I’m alive. hahahahaha. Good luck ayana.
December 2, 2012 @19:50
Blog entry 2 years ago: “100 things to do in 5 years… so much to experience, so many things to discover and learn… :)”
Below is a FB note entry I did at New Year’s Day of 2011. Now that 2013 is only a few days from today, I re-posted this entry into this blog to determine which of the things I listed below were already accomplished, or how far I have gone after 2 years.
YES… that means I only have 3 years from now to do more. 🙂 Let’s see. 🙂
“While God is giving me so much time for myself, I think I should better use it to enjoy life while I still can. 🙂 So here are the 100 things I must do within 5 years (2011 to 2015). I may not achieve everything but at least I would try. And note that I could possibly add some more to these. Also, I might extend this list to 2017 if needed :)) I think I have already done few of the items listed below, but most of them are yet to be experienced!!! ALAM KONG MEDYO AMBITIOUS PERO GOGORABELZ KO NA TO. 😀 AHAHAHHA”
“SO HELLO TO THE VERY BEAUTIFUL AND BRIGHT TOMORROW! :D”
“100 things to do (my edited version from http://brass612.tripod.com/cgi-bin/things.html) :
1. Attend at least one major sporting event: the Super Bowl, the Olympics, the U.S. Open.
2.Throw a huge party and invite every one of your friends.
3. Swim with a dolphin.
5. Have your portrait painted.
6. Learn to speak a foreign language and make sure you use it.
7. Go skinny-dipping at midnight in the South of France.
8. Watch the launch of the space shuttle.
9. Spend a whole day eating junk food without feeling guilty.
10. Be an extra in a film.
11. Go mountain climbing or hiking with some fun people.
12. Memorize at least three recipes in cooking.
13. Experience an opposite kind of living for a day (live along streets/ live under a bridge/ 14. live in a bahay kubo without any gadgets, etc.)
15. Learn to rollerblade.
16. Own a room with a view.
17. Brew your own beer.
18. Learn how to take a compliment.
19. Buy a round-the-world air ticket and a rucksack, and run away.
20. Learn how to fire a gun.
21. Give your mother a dozen red roses and tell her you love her.
22. Be a member of the audience in a TV show.
23. Learn an incredible magic trick.
24. Send a message in a bottle.
25. Ride a camel into the desert.
26. Get to know your neighbors (cook for them, bake a cake for everyone, etc.)
27. Plant a tree.
28. Learn not to say yes when you really mean no.
29. Write a fan letter to your all-time favorite hero or heroine.
30. Visit the Senate and the House of Representatives to see how Congress really works.
31. Learn to ballroom dance properly.
32. Eat jellied eels from a stall in London.
33. Be the boss.
34. Fall deeply in love — helplessly and unconditionally.
35. Ride the Trans-Siberian Express across Asia.
36. Sit on a jury.
37. Write the novel you know you have inside you.
38. Go to Walden Pond and read Thoreau while drifting in a canoe.
39. Stay out all night dancing and go to work the next day without having gone home (just once).
40. Drink beer at Oktoberfest in Munich.
41. Be someone’s mentor.
42. Shower in a waterfall.
43. Ask for a raise.
44. Learn to play a musical instrument with some degree of skill.
45. Teach someone illiterate to read.
46. Be one of the first to take a flight on the new Airbus A380.
47. Spend a night in a haunted house — by yourself.
48. Write down your personal mission statement, follow it, and revise it from time to time.
49. See a lunar eclipse.
50. Spend New Year’s in an exotic location.
51. Get passionate about a cause and spend time helping it, instead of just thinking about it.
52. Kiss a crush on his cheeks.
53. Sing a great song in front of an audience.
54. Watch a really expensive theater production.
55. Drive across America from coast to coast.
56. Make a complete and utter fool of yourself.
57. Own one very expensive but absolutely wonderful business suit.
58. Save for the Wedding day and married life.
59. Sleep under the stars.
60. Take a ride on the highest roller coaster in the country.
61. Learn how to complain effectively — and do it!
62. Go wild in Rio during Carnival.
63. Spend a whole day reading a great novel.
64. Learn awesome combinations of outfits, and learn how to do some make-up well.
65. Learn to juggle with three balls.
66. Find a way to become a part of an International Summit or Conference.
67. Establish own franchise unit/ small business.
68. Spend Christmas on the beach drinking pina coladas.
69. Overcome your fear of failure.
70. Raft through the Grand Canyon.
71. Donate money and put your name on something: a college scholarship, a bench in the park.
72. Buy your own house and then spend time making it into exactly what you want.
73. Grow a garden.
74. Spend three months getting your body into optimum shape.
75. Drive a convertible with the top down and music blaring.
76. Accept yourself for who you are.
77. Learn to use a microphone and give a speech in public.
78. Scuba dive off Australia’s Great Barrier Reef.
79. Go up in a hot-air balloon.
80. Attend one really huge rock concert.
81. Kiss someone you’ve just met on a blind date.
82. Be able to handle: your tax forms, your banker, telephone solicitors.
83. Give to a charity — anonymously.
84. Lose more money than you can afford at roulette in Vegas.
85. Let someone feed you peeled, seedless grapes.
86. Kiss the Blarney stone and develop the gift of gab.
87. Fart in a crowded space.
88. Tell that special someone, “I love you” directly and looking straightly to his eyes.
89. Go deep sea fishing and eat your catch.
90. Build the parents’ dream house.
91. Visit the Holy Land.
92. Make yourself spend a half-day at a concentration camp and swear never to forget.
93. Run to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
94. Create your Family Tree.
95. Finish a Graduate Study or another Bachelor’s Degree.
96. Help parents in the education expenses of siblings.
97. Ski a double-black diamond run.
98. Learn to bartend.
99. Join a fun run.
100.Look into a child’s eyes, see yourself, and smile.
Reflect on your greatest weakness, and realize how it is your greatest strength. “